We are Youth Empowerment Services (YES), and we are dedicated to helping our youth reach their highest potential through access to a variety of community-based services and supports.
The Youth Empowerment Services Waiver is a 1915(c) Medicaid program. This waiver allows for more flexibility in the funding of intensive community-based services to assist children and adolescents with severe emotional disturbances to live in the community with their families.
- Reducing out-of-home placements and inpatient psychiatric treatment by all child-serving agencies
- Providing a more complete continuum of community-based services and supports
- Ensuring families have access to parent partners and other flexible non-traditional support services as identified in a family-centered planning process
- Preventing entry into the foster care system and relinquishment of parental custody
- Improving the clinical and functional outcomes of children and adolescents
Services Provided Under the YES Waiver
- Adaptive Aids & Supports
- Respite Care
- Community Living Supports
- Family Supports
- Minor Home Modifications
- Non-Medical Transportation
- Paraprofessional Services
- Professional Services
- Supportive Family Based Alternatives
- Transitional Services
All YES Waiver participants will also receive benefits to access all Medicaid State Plan Services that are medically necessary.