Texoma Community Center is proud
to partner with the institutions of higher education to provide internship opportunities for the
students wishing to obtain experience in the health care industry, specifically those seeking experience with a Community Center or one of our programs. Please read about the process to apply below.
How To Intern With TCC
The process will go as follows:
- The Center will verify that an Intern/Practicum Student Affiliation Agreement exists between Texoma Community Center and the applicant's college or university.
- The Intern candidate will complete the intern application below and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Intern/Practicum Student Inquiry" in the subject line.
- An initial interview will be held with the candidate, to determine the best fit for potential placement.
- Upon notification of recommendation from program placement supervisor, a full background check will be conducted.
- Prior to the start date, any required documents will need to be submitted to Volunteer Services.
- Costs for TB tests, drug screens, and if applicable, fingerprints will be the responsibility of the applicant. Prices will be provided to you.
- Required training will be conducted by the Center unless the individual can provide proof of comparable training received within the previous 6 months.
TCC Volunteer/Internship Guidelines
In keeping with our mission to deliver accessible and responsive support services to individuals and families coping with mental illness, substance use, developmental delays, and emotional conflict, we are asking that you be aware of the following TCC volunteer/internship guidelines.
- The number of positions available will be based on supervisor availability, both with regard to the number of interns as well as the time constraints on the supervisor's position.
- The Center reserves the right to request interviews and determine the appropriate match. the Center may refuse intern candidates or recommend another placement if available.
- Due to Center rules and regulations, interns will not be assigned individual caseloads. Interns will be working under the supervision of an TCC employee to assist with case management and other treatment/intervention activities.
- The Center reserves the right to terminate an internship at any time during assignment.
- TCC does not discriminate in any of the services or practices in which it provides. All intern candidates will be subject to mandatory background checks prior to placement.